I’m (hopefully) about to become the proud owner of a Grade II listed cottage in Hertfordshire. I’ve had a full survey undertaken by a specialist heritage building surveyor and the big job we will have to take on will be removal of an old, cracked concrete render to one of the external walls (approx. 40 sq metres), rake out, repoint and re-render in lime. We’re not currently in a position to get contractors in to quote, but I’m just trying to get a sense of the cost of a specialist contractor to undertake the works. One ballpark estimate was around £175 per sq metre (to cover the cost of everything, including scaffolding, removal of rubble, limewashing etc.). Anyone know if that sounds about right?! Help!