Lime plaster for freehand sculpting

105 viewsLime Mortars
0 Comments

Dear Sirs,
We are due to move into a cottage ( Somerset) in the next few months. Originally it was built in the 1600’s with additions as you would expect.
I have no idea what it was originally plastered/rendered with, there is a possibility due to a major renovation in the70’s, modern plasters are present. However, it is Grade 2 listed so, great care ( I assume) would have been taken.
I am considering making a 3D design in one of the rooms and I believe lime plaster ( is it the same as your lime putty?) is required due to the open time.
Obviously, I haven’t made anything in a malleable plaster before and am quite excited in using a new medium.
Or do you have the raw products necessary? I have looked at various sites (building conservation.com) but I am happy to experiment, but hopefully you can give me some pointers.
Many Thanks,
Debbie Blencowe

Changed status to publish

Hi Debbie, following on from your telephone call to us today I have, as discussed sent an email to one of our associates to see if he has any information from you. As soon as I have a reply I’ll forward it on. Best wishes, Justine

Changed status to publish
Add a Comment
You are viewing 1 out of 2 answers, click here to view all answers.
Write your answer.